Call Us Today! (587) 328-1298 | South Calgary Dentist - 107-7004 Macleod Trail SE
107-7004 Macleod Trail SE,
Calgary, AB, T2H 0L3
At Chinook Village Dental we understand when you have an accident you want to see a dentist right away. Waiting for 2 or 3 days in pain is not fun so we provide emergency dental services in South Calgary for all types of dental mishaps.
Doctors may not be available during all hours and may vary.
Emergency Dental Care Tips
- Toothache: This dental emergency is commonly caused by decay or a cracked tooth. Make sure the teeth and gums are clean in the area of the pain. Do this by using dental floss to ensure no food is trapped between the teeth or under the gums. Use warm salt water to rinse the area. It is a myth that you should put aspirin on the tooth or gums. Instead apply ice to the outside of the face and if needed take acetaminophen for the pain. See a dentist as soon as possible.
- Cut or Bitten Tongue, Lip or Cheek: Apply pressure to stop any bleeding and ice if there is swelling. Take the injured person to an emergency room if the bleeding doesn’t stop within 15 minutes of applying pressure.
- Knocked Out Permanent Tooth: If you have the tooth, keep handling to a minimum. You can lightly rinse but do not clean. Do not touch the roots if at all possible. If you can insert the tooth into its socket do so and bite down on a clean cloth or gauze to keep the tooth secured. If you need to transport the tooth place it in a container with water or milk. See an emergency dentist right away!
- Broken Braces and Wires: Remove any broken pieces if they come out easily. If there are sharp wires causing irritation cover the end with chewing gum, a cotton ball, or gauze. Don’t remove any wires that have penetrated the gums, tongue, or cheek. Take the person to an emergency dentist as soon as possible if it is causing any pain or irritation.
- Broken Tooth: For this dental emergency, find any broken tooth fragments and bring with you to your dentist as soon as possible. Clean the area by rinsing with plain water. If there is swelling, place cold compresses on the swollen area.
- Possible Broken Jaw: If you suspect a person’s jaw is broken, use a towel, necktie or other similar item to stabilize the jaw. Take the injured person to the hospital right away.
- Bleeding After Baby Tooth Falls Out: It is normal for gums to bleed a small amount after a child loses a tooth but if bleeding continues for more than a minute or two it is important to take steps to stop the bleeding. Have the child bite down on a clean folded piece of gauze for about 15 minutes. If the bleeding has not stopped repeat. See an emergency dentist if the bleeding doesn’t stop after the second attempt.
Call us now at (587) 328-1298 and our team will do everything we can to fit you in right away!
Serving the communities of Kingsland, Fairview, Kelvin Grove, Meadowlark Park, Mayfair, Bel-air, Winsor Park, Manchester Industrial, Eagle Ridge, Chinook Park, and surrounding areas.
Tuesday1:00pm - 8:00pmWednesday10:00am - 8:00pmThursday8:00am - 8:00pmFriday8:00am - 3:00pmSunday9:00am - 5:00pm
*Please Note - Call to Make an Appointment as no Walk-Ins or Emergencies are available during the following times:
Mondays - 9:00am-8:00pm
Tuesdays - 9:00am-1:00pm
Saturdays - 10:00am-6:00pm
Copyright 2021 Chinook Village Dental and Dental Growth Strategies | All Rights Reserved | Powered by DGS