Invisalign and other clear aligners straightens your teeth using a series of custom plastic trays. These aligners are clear and are hard to notice.
Unlike the traditional braces, Invisalign does not use metal wires and brackets. The aligners apply gentle pressure to your teeth to move them until the final results are achieved.
Invisalign may be ideal if you would like to straighten your teeth discreetly. At Chinook Village Dental, we offer Invisalign to help patients correct orthodontic issues.
Invisalign and clear aligners are a fully-customized process. Your aligners are made especially for you.
We first scan your teeth using 3D technology to develop a treatment plan. We show you how your new smile will look once the treatment is completed. This scan is then forwarded to the manufacturer.
We create a realistic and practical treatment plan to help you achieve the smile you want as
soon as possible.
The manufacturer will work on your aligners and once ready, we’ll request you to come in for a fitting. Each aligner has to be worn for about 10 days. On average, 30 to 40 aligners are used by patients. We’ll monitor your teeth to see if they’re progressing as planned.
If, in any case, your teeth aren’t moving as predicted, we will create a new set of aligners for you.
Here are some of the benefits that Invisalign offers to patients:
● Comfortable. Invisalign trays use soft, comfortable plastic to avoid gum and cheek irritation. You do not need to deal with wires that may fall out of place or poke the cheeks. And since the appliance is removable, it does not interfere with your lifestyle. They also move your teeth using gentle force, minimizing the discomfort at every stage of the treatment.
● Aesthetically-pleasing. People will not notice you’re wearing trays as they are clear. If you would like to correct orthodontic issues but are not comfortable with unsightly metals, this may be the ideal option for you.
● Reduced office visits. You will not have to go to the dental office as frequently as patients using traditional braces do. This is ideal if you are leading a busy schedule and cannot take time off work that often to see your dentist. Every visit is also short, lasting from 15 to 45 minutes. You may be able to squeeze it in during lunch or after school or work.
● No dietary restrictions. With Invisalign, you are free to eat any food that you want. You can remove your trays and this makes it possible for you to indulge in hard or chewy food from time to time. You need not be conscious of the appliance breaking off.
● Improved oral health. The traditional braces consist of metal brackets and wires that can trap food. Keeping the mouth clean becomes more difficult. Routine hygiene cleanings may also take longer due to tooth decay and plaque buildup. With Invisalign, you can brush and floss easily. You minimize the chances of food debris building up on your teeth.
Invisalign requires your commitment to ensuring its effectiveness. You need to wear the aligners for at least 20 hours a day. Otherwise, they won’t work. The traditional braces, on the other hand, are attached to your teeth. You will not forget to wear them or leave them anywhere.
Your dentist or orthodontist will also need to check if Invisalign will satisfy the results you are after. Some cases are better addressed by other techniques.
Our dental office offers complimentary initial consultation so you can speak with a dentist in South Calgary regarding your orthodontic concerns.
For more information on Invisalign or other orthodontic devices, book your free consultation today at Chinook Village Dental. We look forward to welcoming you to our family. Give us a call at (587) 328-1298.
Serving the communities of Kingsland, Fairview, Kelvin Grove, Meadowlark Park, Mayfair, Bel-air, Winsor Park, Manchester Industrial, Eagle Ridge, Chinook Park, and surrounding areas.
107-7004 Macleod Trail SE
Monday9:00am - 8:00pmTuesday10:00am - 6:00pmWednesday12:00pm - 8:00pmThursday8:00am - 8:00pmFriday8:00am - 3:00pmSaturday9:00am - 5:00pmSunday9:00am - 5:00pm
Copyright 2022 Chinook Village Dental and Dental Growth Strategies | All Rights Reserved | Powered by DGS